Did you know that menopause can last up to 10 years? And that most of us know next to nothing about it except for an intriguing event called ‘hot flush’. But menopause is about much more than that.
This is what I have learnt:
- It is a natural TRANSITION from the dynamic and fertile mothering stage to a CALMER, midlife stage as children become more independent and start leaving home. This correlates with the HORMONAL SHIFT happening inside us where the active and overpowering oestrogen (E2 oestradiol) gives way to a milder, less active form (E1 oestrone).
- There is NO CLEAR START (like our first menstruation or the conception of a baby). Early signs can happen at 35-45 years old in what is called the PERI-MENOPAUSE, and develop into full MENOPAUSE circa 50 -55 years old. Typically early signs are overlooked. They may show as heavy periods, exhaustion or less tolerance to stress and are often met with confusion and disregard for the underlying hormonal changes.
- Changing hormones can produce a number of SYMPTOMS which can evolve over time and develop into SUB-SYMPTOMS. For example, dry skin is an over-arching symptom of dropping levels of oestrogen which can then affect the hair, eyes, nails or lubrication of the vagina. For every woman there is a different journey. In fact, for a lot of women it is not the hot flushes but the weight gain, anxiety or insomnia that kicks in.
- THERE IS A LOT THAT YOU CAN DO to support your body make this transition. First of all, address the 4 pillars of health: NUTRITION, EXERCISE, SLEEP and STRESS. What we eat, how much we move, sleep and deal with our stressors are going to determine whether the signs of adaptation take a milder or more severe form.
To help women gracefully sail through this transformative period, myself (a registered nutritionist) and Carol Oppermann (a registered homeopath) have created a 5 week informative, interactive and practical programme including:
WEEK 1 Understand your symptoms & set your goals
- The foundations of optimal health
- How can homeopathy and nutrition help you
WEEK 2 Nutrition -moving from calorie dominance to nutrient-dense model
- What foods to eat for hormonal health
- Reaching your optimal weight
- important nutrients that can help weight loss
- How to read food labels
- Homeopathic remedies for digestive issues
WEEK 3 Top natural remedies for hormonal balance
- Homeopathic remedies
- Natural supplements and herbs
- Remedies for sleep disturbance
WEEK 4 Coping with Stress
- mindfulness and emotional balancing techniques
- Homeopathic remedies to help with mental and emotional symptoms
- Recommended exercise and fitness
WEEK 5 Cookery demo
- 7-day meal plan for hormonal health
- Portion sizes and right combination of foods
- improve your eating habits
- foods to stock up on
Get informed, be inspired, discover the NEW YOU🌸