Comares, Malaga, 7-14 June 2019
- Daily Yoga flow, Meditation and Yoga Nidra by Grainne O’Malley, qualified Yoga Alliance instructor
- Daily Nutrition and Healthy Cooking classes by Belen Vazquez, qualified Nutritional Therapist
- 3 Vegetarian meals prepared with locally grown organic foods
- Calm villa accommodation with beautiful natural surroundings
- Small group of 8 to encourage personal attention
- Free time, mountain walks, option of 1-2-1 nutrition consultations and craniosacral therapy
- Airport transfer included
One-of-a-kind retreat that combines the benefits of daily yoga and meditation with the power of good nutrition and food for women’s health. Our 7 day programme comprises a total of 11 yoga and meditation sessions, 5 nutrition and healthy cooking classes plus daily vegetarian meals so that when you go home you feel healthier, centred, motivated and armed with a new range of tools to face daily life.
The morning Yoga Flow class is on flowing movements coordinated with the breath. Grainne will remind you to bring your awareness back to the breath which will allow you to go deeper into the experience as one ‘allows and let’s go’ rather than getting caught up in thoughts or with over-exertion. The evening Yoga Nidra class is a more gentle restorative yoga to encourage deep relaxation. Additionally, guided meditations are a lovely way to let go and be guided by Grainne’s soothing voice and to enter a very deep relaxing state of awareness.
Participants will attend daily (2hr long) Nutrition and Healthy Cooking classes where they will be involved in food preparation, cooking and tasting. Recipes will feature feel-good foods for women and discover the secret of balanced meals including healthy fats, carbs and snacks. The aim is to spark creativity and motivation to make healthy choices and cook delicious meals long after the retreat.
All-inclusive retreat, including group airport transfer, yoga and nutritional workshops, 3 main meals plus snacks and one guided sightseeing trip. There will be one free day where participants can opt for joining a guided group excursion or just relax and chill in the Casa. On the free day, only breakfast will be served. During the retreat there is an option for private one-to-one nutrition consultations and craniosacral therapy.
Who is this for?
Yoga beginners or experienced. Grainne’s style of gentle and reassuring teaching will encourage each person to work with postures to their own ability. If you are looking for a healthy holiday break and have an interest in yoga, nutrition, health and wellness is this your retreat!
Casa Santosha is a dedicated yoga and wellness retreat centre located just outside the village of Comares. Comares is a tranquil white-washed village with spectacular views of the Andalusian mountains and coast. Located at 60km (1hr drive) from Malaga airport, Casa (means ‘house’ in Spanish) and Santosha (means ‘contentment’ in Sanskrit) offers the ideal setting for anyone seeking peaceful time and inner nourishment.
| Airport transfer collection |
Arrival at Casa Santosha
|8 -8:30 |
10 – 11
13 – 14
15 – 17
19 – 20
| Breathwork (Pranayama) |
Yoga Flow class
Nature walk, chill out
Nutrition & Healthy cooking class
Yoga Nidra and Meditation
|Free Day||Optional trip to natural hot springs or beach Lunch and dinner NOT INCLUDED|
|8 – 8:30|
10 – 11
| Breathwork (Pranayama) |
Yoga Flow class
Nature walk, chill out
Airport transfer drop off
All meals are vegetarian, featuring seasonal locally grown vegetables, wholegrains, fruits, legumes, nuts, seeds, dairy and eggs. Some meals will be jointly prepared during the daily health cooking classes.
We will serve tasty Summer fruits, seeds, nuts, local breads, oats, dairy and non-dairy milks, local cheeses and eggs, butter, jams, honey, nut spreads, vegetable spreads and a selection of teas and coffee.
A light lunch consisting of large leaf salads with Summer vegetables, cold soups, fresh herbs, roasted vegetables, cheeses, dried fruits, freshly squeezed juices and smoothies, a selection of crackers and breads.
Consisting of 3 dishes plus a dessert. A selection of 2 salads or cold entries plus a main dish featuring wholegrains, legumes and vegetables, i.e. vegetable lasagne, quinoa and roasted vegetables, summer veg quiches and pies.
A selection of teas, fruits and light snacks will be available all the time so no-one goes hungry in between meals. Additionally, fresh juices and smoothies will be made throughout the day.
- Country walk – enjoy the natural beauty of the Andalusian country side during the early Summer
- Village walk – guests are encouraged to visit the village for its culture and small selection of shops and restaurants
- Trip to the beach – 30minutes drive away
- Chilling at the retreat- there is a selection of books and DVDs or just relax sitting under the shade of an orange or olive tree
- Nutritional consultations with Belen- 1-2-1 consultations with for specific health issues or just to optimise your health. Following the consultation, a personalised nutritional and lifestyle plan will be designed to go beyond your stay at the retreat for long lasting results.
- Craniosacral therapy with Belen- a hands-on therapy to release restrictions in the body so that function can return to normal with the added benefit of balancing the nervous system.
- Natural hot springstrip – 1hr drive trip to natural hot springs
Accommodation– Shared twin room
Casa Santosha is a converted farm house with 4 twin rooms which can accommodate up to 8 participants. One twin room is located outside the main house and had its own washbasin and toilet. The other 3 twin rooms are in the main house along with 2 shared shower rooms and WC. Talk to us if sharing is an issue. Optional pull out beds can be arranged in other areas.
- Roof terrace for the morning yoga flow class and an indoor studio for the evening yoga nidra and meditation class
- Outside and inside dining area
- Quiet places to rest/read inside and outside in the shade or sunshine, overlooking the beautiful surroundings
There will only be ONE airport transfer collection and drop off. Participants coming from Ireland (either from Shannon or Dublin) are encouraged to book with RYANAIR. Beware that flights to and from Spain at this time of the year go fast so please book early. Participants coming from other countries, please talk to us before purchasing your flights.
|Ryanair Dublin – Malaga June 7, take the last flight to Malaga (Ryanair at 17:55pm) June 14, take the last flight back to Dublin (Ryanair at 19:55pm)|
|Ryanair Shannon – Malaga June 7, take the last flight to Malaga (Ryanair at 17:20pm) June 14, take the last flight back to Dublin (Ryanair at 21:50pm)|
Meet the instructors
has been practicing yoga for over 12 years and currently she teaches a number of different styles of yoga including Yoga Flow, Yin yoga, Restorative yoga, Hot yoga and also Vinyasa yoga. She has always been very interested in the breath and how yoga can be so powerful at transformation on many levels… buy yet to the untrained eye looks so simple from the outside. Grainne likes to keep her classes varied and versatile so that students are kept on their toes and never know what to expect. She teaches in a way that helps to keep the practitioner’s mind engaged on the ‘here and now’ and this is a very good training and preparation for the mind when it comes to breath focused meditation. Her teaching is mainly based on flowing movements coordinated with the breath. Grainne will remind you to bring your awareness back to the breath which will allow you to go deeper into the experience as one ‘allows and let’s go’ rather than getting caught up in thoughts or with over-exertion. More about Grainne
a qualified nutritional therapist, Belen believes in the power of food for health and in no-nonsense nutrition. She offers personalised nutritional advice and lifestyle plans from her clinic in Malahide. She specialises in digestive health, hormonal balance and children’s health. Mother of three, she has a passion for creating tasty and nutritious family recipes and regularly runs healthy cooking classes. During the retreat, she will be focusing on foods for hormonal balance and optimal weight, meal planning, shopping lists, tips to improve eating habits and how to read labels. Belen is also a qualified craniosacral therapist. More about Belen
Online bookings required. Small group of 8 participants. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Cost and Terms
- The full cost is €1050. To secure your place, please pay the full amount or a non-refundable deposit of €500; the remaining €550 must be paid by 7May 2019.
- Special offer: book your place before Dec31 and get 10%off (€945)
- Terms: participants fill out an online booking form and pay either the full amount or a non-refundable deposit of €500. Confirmation of payment will be sent by email shortly after the booking. The retreat’s full programme and further instructions will also be forwarded by email. Please note that we are not responsible for booking flights.